Aginext is made up of truly agile-minded events and a burgeoning community. That means we continue to iterate based on feedback from our community. And some repeat attendees have told us that two days of a conference for advanced agilists just isn’t enough. We’ve seen a strong industry demand for a third day that provides more intimate training, and we are responding to it now.
In correlation with our two days of talks and workshops dedicated to what’s next after agile on Thursday 19 and Friday 20, March 2020, we will host a training day on Wednesday 18 March from 9:30am to 4:30pm also online. The Aginext Training Day 2020 will feature one day-long training session.
Foundations of Digital Strategies using Wardley Maps with Philippe Guenet
Are you interested in supporting the digital transformation of your business, or putting yourself at the forefront of the new digital economy? Maybe you have been in charge of an Agile transformation that is now plateauing and looking for the next level. This one-day course led by Philippe Guenet, offers an introduction to digital strategies and a new framework called Wardley maps. Wardley maps are very suited to build situational awareness of an enterprise and identify strategic moves through the whole value chain, supporting a digital business.
After this course, the participants will have a better understanding of the complex nature of digital strategies and how to use strategic maps to read the landscape and take advantage of it. The course is based on practice and by the end of the day, the participants will be able to put together simple maps by themselves.
- Dimensions of digital strategies
- Foundational concepts to Mapping
- Practice steps for building maps (Purpose, Users, User Needs, Value Chain, Map) working from fictional scenarios
- High level understanding of the strategic cycle
- Introduction to further concepts of movement, inertia, climate, doctrine and gameplay, details of which are covered in further modules to this foundation.
This course is suitable for:
- Anybody involved, or interested in, digital change, digital strategy, digital transformation or agile transformation
- Strategists looking for an initial understanding of maps
- Business leaders looking for a new approach to steer their business in the Digital economy
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Architects looking to define a product development strategy and/or value stream alignment of the teams